- Finnish Academy: THERMES- Thermosphere and Mesosphere affecting the Stratosphere.
- Tekes: MASI - Inverse problems and Reliability of modelling. Work is done in co-operation with Finnish Academy's Center of Excellence on Inverse Problems Research.
- ESA: GOMOS bright limb data processing
- ESA: ACTLIMB - Study of the Performance Envelope of Active Limb Sounding
of Planetary Atmospheres
- ESA: OnTRAQ - Original and New TRopospheric composition and Air Quality measurements
- MSc (Mathematics), University of Helsinki, 1993
- Licentiate of Philosophy (Applied mathematics), University of Helsinki, 1999
- Doctor of Philosophy (Applied mathematics), University of Helsinki, 2004
- Scientist at the Finnish Meteorological Institute 1992 - 2004
- Head of Middle Atmosphere Research Group at Earth Observation Unit, 2005-2007
- Head of Atmospheric Remote Sensing Group at Earth Observation Unit, 2008-